Another option you may want to consider when selling your Chico house is selling it for cash to a home buyer like Butte Home Buyers. Selling your property for cash can offer several advantages, such as avoiding the lengthy process of listing and showing your home, eliminating the need for costly repairs and upgrades, and receiving a fast and hassle-free transaction. Butte Home Buyers, as a reputable home buying company, can make an all-cash offer on your property within a matter of days, and you can close the sale on a timeline that works for you. This option can be especially attractive if you need to sell your house fast in Chico or if you are dealing with a challenging situation such as a foreclosure, divorce, or inherited property. However, it’s essential to do your due diligence and ensure that you are working with a trustworthy and experienced home buying company like Butte Home Buyers to ensure a smooth and stress-free transaction. By exploring all your options and choosing the one that works best for your unique circumstances, you can achieve your goals of selling your Chico house fast, for top dollar, and with minimal hassle.
But “What do I need to do to sell my house fast in Chico”?
Here are some tips on how to get your home ready to sell if you’re looking for top dollar that the market will bear:
*NOTE: These instructions are if you’re looking to get full retail value for your house sale. However, if you don’t want to do the things below… or don’t have the time or money to do the things below… you can still sell your house fast in Chico for a fair value in a win-win sale that’ll save you time and expense.
1) Clean, clean and clean. Maintain cleanliness in vacant houses as they tend to gather dust and dirt. Potential buyers will only be impressed with a spotlessly clean space. If you’re not fastidious about cleaning, consider hiring someone who is until the sale is finalized. In case you struggle to keep your home clean, it might be better to find an alternate living arrangement while showing your house. You could even consider asking a friend with excellent cleaning habits to swap homes with you temporarily. A tidy home helps potential buyers feel at ease, while a dirty one can repel them. Nothing deters buyers more quickly than feeling disgusted.
2) Cultivate a cohesive, neutral style. Instead of painting everything off-white, consider using subtle colors to transform the look and feel of your spaces. For instance, a soft yellow hue can brighten up a dark kitchen, while a deep dark blue or green can make a bright bedroom feel more relaxing (but be mindful that dark colors may make rooms appear smaller). Investing in high-quality paint and professional assistance is worth it, as people subconsciously value a property with well-chosen colors and clean lines. Studies by psychologists show that optical illusions are real. Don’t neglect the exterior or leave your home unbalanced by only focusing on the interior.
3) Fix or replace anything that’s broken. While it may seem like a waste of money to spend an additional few hundred dollars on a dishwasher that a future owner may replace, it’s important to consider that many buyers will conduct a home inspection and utilize it as an opportunity to negotiate with you. Attempting to conceal neglected maintenance from the purchaser could result in you paying more as the seller, and committing fraud is not an option. To ensure compliance with all laws, it’s often beneficial to hire a home inspector to evaluate the property before putting it on the market. If requested in advance, they may return for a nominal fee after minor repairs have been made to provide a clean bill of health. Prospective buyers appreciate receiving an independent report on the home’s condition as it instills confidence in their purchase.
4) Make only necessary improvements. The biggest mistake people make when getting their house ready to sell is over-improving. They often spend too much money on customized frills that can’t be recovered in the sale.
Paint is about the only safe investment – it’s easy to overspend on almost everything else, and it’s easy to get ripped off by unscrupulous contractors.
It’s important to know what improvements will produce a return on investment to avoid wasting money.
5) Get expert opinions. It’s advisable to seek out several reputable real estate brokers to assist you in determining the appropriate price for your property, but it’s important to be truthful with them. If you plan to sell the property independently, refrain from deceiving brokers about your intentions to avoid creating negative relationships. Exceptional brokers are few and far between, but they are capable of generating more profits for their clients than their commission fees suggest.
6) Have a really great marketing plan. Again, great brokers earn their value by doing this work and spreading the advertising expenses across many clients. It’s pretty expensive and time-consuming to start from scratch on your own, but if you’re already a marketing expert you’re ahead of the pack.
If you’re not, spend the time listening to what the best brokers do to sell houses in Chico – just to educate yourself on the options.
7) Get a cash offer. We buy houses all over the Chico area, and we do all the work so you don’t have to deal with any of this stuff.
Don’t Want To Do The Things Above Yourself? But Still Want To Sell Your House Fast in Chico, CA?
While everyone wants to get as much as they possibly can from their house sale… not everyone can do the things or wants to do the things required to sell it at full retail value to an end buyer.
Doing the repairs, cleaning the property up, upgrading the property, marketing the property… those all take money and can take lots of time.
If you have the funds to do these things... AND you can wait the 3-9 months it takes to sell houses in this market… then you’ll be better off financially to do those things then list it on the MLS (the main property listing service that real estate agents use).
If you don’t have the funds to do these things... AND can’t wait months to sell your house… then you may be a perfect fit for our local Chico house buying service. You’ll submit basic info about your house over here on our website, we’ll evaluate your house, we’ll make you a fair all-cash offer on your house, and you can decide if it’s a fit for you.
Then we can close FAST (often times within 7 days) if you need us to.
Take a look at what we’ll pay you not to do anything versus the time, expense and hassle involved with doing it on your own.
So if you’re still asking “what do I need to do to sell my house fast in Chico“… now you have 2 solid options.
- Fix the property up and get it all nice and ready with the steps above to sell it at top dollar
- Let us do all of the work and we’ll make you a cash offer on your house in AS-IS condition. This saves you time, money, and gets the hassle off of your hands.
If you need to sell a property near Chico, we can help you.
We buy properties like yours from people who need to sell fast.
We’d like to make you a fair offer on your Chico house
Give us a call anytime at (530) 230-3560 or
fill out the form on this website today! >>
- 4 Ways a Foreclosure Will Impact You in Butte CountyThere’s no question that foreclosure will impact you in a significant way. It can cause tremendous stress and emotional strain on both your family and personal relationships, … Continued
- 5 Surprising Things That Are Keeping Your House From Selling in MarysvilleIf you believe that you have taken all necessary measures to market your home for the best possible return on investment, it may be prudent to reassess … Continued
- 5 Ways A Direct Sale Will Save You Money in OrovilleIf you’re prepared to sell your property, you may be hesitant to pay the high commissions and fees associated with a traditional real estate agent, yet reluctant … Continued